Monday, June 17, 2013

BELIEVE - Greeting card made with SKdigis

Hello everyone!  hope your weekend was as good as mine, we went to the South Beach for father's day and had a wonderful time.  Happily, I have a special post to share with you today.  Chaitali Narla, from Cuts, Crops & Creativity invited me to join her Iron Craft post.  She is a wonderful crafter and even though I did not know her before, I have deligted myself visiting her blog and checking out previous posts that are full of beauty and information.  You must go check it out.

We will be showing you both our creations using SKdigis - Gus the Worm Graduation, one of my latest digital printable stamps, and one of my latest sketches.  For my card I used Basic Grey papers from Life of the Party 6" paper pad.  Cutted all the papers using my Silhouette, (love how easy it is) and added some zig zag machine stitching for detail.  I resize the printable stamp using PE10, and colored it with Copic markers, AtYou Spika black marker, Sakura White gel pen and a touch of liquid glass for the eyes.  I found the piece of ribbon in my drawer of left overs, and the little "believe" metal sign I had for ages... so, things I thought I was never going to have the chance to use, fimally found a place in this little card...lol.

So without further ado, here is my card:


Wanna buy the digital image?... click on the links - Gus the Worm Graduation & Pile of Books

and here is the sketch we used for inspiration:



Now, for many years, some of you have asked how I do my stitching so straight, well, I just follow the path and keep it as straight as I possibly can.  To have a good start, the paper must be lined up just like the picture.  Next time I sticth something, I will try my best to record it, so you can see me in action... {wink}



And lastly, hope you enjoyed visiting my blog.  Please make sure you connect with me somehow (all buttons for links are in my sidebar), so you do not miss any of my updates and If you are a new follower, I can link back with you.
Now go visit Chaitali's blog for a change to win the SKdigis showcased in my card (Gus the Worm Grad and Book Pile)...  Have a wondeful week.



Challenges:
Make it Monday - ATG
Mema's Crafts - Graduation
Whoopsy Daisy - Congratulations
Without Words - Hot Colors
613 Avenue Creates - Someone Special
Catered Crop - Masculine
Gingerloft - Yellow ribbon
Challenges for Everybody - ATG
Here Comes the Boys - Dots (mine are in the banner)
The Squirrel and the Fox - Use something metal
Brown Sugar - Graduation


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!
    Love this card :)
    Are you back in blogger? I am happy because I can´t leave comments at Typepad...
    Hugs,
    Ardilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quirkly little fellow love your card and charm thanks for joining us over at The Squirrel and The Fox hugs Denise DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER FUN IMAGE .BEAUTIFUL COLOURING .
    LOVE THE STITCHING .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card and I love the bookworm.
    Thank you for joining us at the Ginger Loft challenge blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous image and design great colouring. Thank you for joining us at Here Comes the Boys challenge good luck
    Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - thanks for buzzing over to Brown Sugar this week - welcome and please come again - good luck on the draw too! Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card with a strong, cohesive design . Well thought out and beautifully composed and executed. Thanks for stopping by our house at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is great. The image is so cute and the metal believe charm is perfect! I wish I could sew. Thank you for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just brilliant, love that image and your stitching is fab!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sonia this is just too cute! Beautifully colored, love the stitching and the charm is a nice touch. Great sketch might try to use it this week if time allows! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood again at 613 Avenue Create!
    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your card thanks for sharing with613 AVENUE CREATE this week happy crafting to you
    Rachel DT http://blossomcards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cutest card and the image is adorable. Thanks for playing with us at Mema's Crafts and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Sonia, great image, thanks for joining us at Without Words. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those crafty dots! love the dotty banner paper! THanks for playing and sharing your work with us at Here Come The Boys 'Lets Go Dotty' Challenge Woo, Donna & Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute card and fun image love the banner paper and stitching and love the metal believe -everything has a use in the end lol-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love that cheeky worm! Thanks for entering this wonderful project at Gingerloft for our Yellow Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! This warm is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suepr cute! Thanks for joining us at Without Words and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the view and leave me a comment. I look forward to read them... HUGS...SK :)