Friday, March 15, 2013

Sketchy Friday # 11 - YOU'RE THE PURR - greeting card made with SKdigis


Hiya cyber friends!  today is the 8 day after my surgery, everything went as planned except the awful pain I had been on...can discribe it, but for the first 5 days, I thought I was going to die.  You may wonder why?... Well, at 46, I decided to have an extreme body makeover, implants changed (they where 26 years old) tummy tuck and lipo esculpture... I am the must colorful chick on Sketchy Friday DT cause I can see the rainbow all over my body. jaajajaj... but the bruises will vanish in no time and this chick is going to look hot for the first Summer in many years...like a friend told me, leaving in South Florida, you gotta look got {wink}... but this is not the end... the weight loss continues and my goal is to loose another 15 to 20 lb, this time I know how to do it without the suffering cause I lost 22 before the surgery, from November 20 to March 6 plus the 35 I had lost since 2007. YAY me!!! :)

Ok onto my card for Sketchy Friday #11.  Today we have a new sketch and for this one I used a new released digital stamp, it is called KITTY KITTY, you may ask why?, and the thing is that we have adopted an outside stray cat and we call him like that, just KITTY KITTY and he runs to us to rub an purr ... he is lovely and still a baby, unfortunately with my husband's allergies, he must stay out, but as soon as I get better, I will build him a condo and take him to the vet to get neutered.  You can find this digi in SKdigis Shop.  I also used my Silhouette to cut the papers and copic markers to color the digi... How about the yarn? do you like it? jejejje I did it myself and below you can find a short super easy tutorial... Hope you like my card and come join us at Sketchy Friday this week...

Please visit my wonderful DT and leave them some love,  they work hard every week to bring you inspiration and their work is simply a work of art.


SKdigis digital stamp KITTY KITTY
And now,  here is the short tutorial to make this super cute balls of yarn...enjoy!



1.  Get some pop dots and twine (I got the ones matching my papers)  
2.  Peel the dots and stick the end of the twine in the middle of one side
3.  Start wrapping it around in circular motion.
4.  and you will end up with this little cuties.  I used my glue gun to attach them to the card.  That way, they will never come off.

Easy right?  hope you like it...

Challenges:
Sketchy Friday - Sketch # 11 - DT sample
4 crafty Chicks - CAS
Cute Card Thursday - ATG
All that Scraps - ATG
Fab n' Funky - Add a sentiment
Stamping Royalty - Colors
Deep Ocean - Cute and Cuddly

13 comments:

  1. Sonia, I LOVE these balls of yarn! Love this sweet furball image! Great work!!!
    {hugs}
    Indy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!
    Great idea with the yarn balls...
    Hugs,
    Ardilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and thanks for the tutorial! Those balls are so fun:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute...love the balls of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and gorgeous, those balls of yarn look fabulous...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I totally LOVE those balls of yarn, how perfect with that cute kitty!! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your darling kitty card and those yarn balls! Wow I'd love to know how you lost the weight!!! I need to lose.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing our CAS challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. What a great idea for the balls of yarn! Thank you for participating this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the kitty!! and awesome way to use twine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww I love this card. The image is adorable, the balls of wool look fabulous and the sentiment is so lovely.
    Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so creative. Love how you made those yarn balls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome yarn balls and the kitty is so darling....hope you feel better and better everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the view and leave me a comment. I look forward to read them... HUGS...SK :)