Wednesday, October 10, 2012

HOPE FOR THE CURE greeting card made with SKdigis for Cancer awareness month

I think this is going to be my last card for Breast Cancer Awareness Month... I haven't had anyone in my family nor close friends with breast cancer, at least that I know of, but I am a cervical cancer survivor and I know what saved my life was having a year check up religiously since I am 15 years old.  My cervical cancer was in stage 1A when discovered thru a pap smear in my regular check up on January of 2010. I had surgery in May of the same year followed by chemo and radiation as a preventive measure due to my age.   I was on a 3 month check up schedule for the first year, then down to 6 month check up for the next 3 years.  Thankfully, the last one done in September showed no signs of cancer... breast cancer isn't different.  Go have your yearly routine check up done... It can be a life saver...
Now to my card... this one is made with every element and papers from my HOPE kit available in SKdigis Store.  I saw a card made by my DT member Barb and she posted the link for the tutorial HERE.  After I saw the tutorial I  did it all by myself starting with the Illustrator drawing, upload it as .png in Silhouette, trace it and cut my already printed digi papers.  Colored the image with the silhouette, some tape, pop dots, ribbon, rhinestones and voila!...here it is and hope you like it...

I am linking this card to:


15 comments:

  1. So pretty. Fabulous digi papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation! I love the dimension to it. Happy that you are a cancer survivor. I have a close friend who is battling breast cancer and isn't giving up hope although she is going through some serious problems now...
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Love the background and the 3d brazier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image and I love your background paper. Thank you for playing along this week at The Stamping Boutique. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl TSB DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, Sonia. I love it, especially with your digi papers.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!! Fantastic card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Larelyn... the bow idea in the hanger came from your card... I should have mention it in my post... :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! Love how you did the background and love the bling on the corset and the bow on the hanger!
    Thanks for joining us at Link Up For Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card!! Thank you for joining and sponsoring Link Up for Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card!! Thanks for being a sponsor and supporting Link Up for Pink.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fantastic!! Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

    ReplyDelete

  14. Great image. Love the coloring and overall composition. Fantastic.
    Hugs
    Jacqy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! So fabuous. Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique for our Pink Ribbon Challenge. I hope that you will join us again for our next challenge. Good Luck. Patti TSB DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the view and leave me a comment. I look forward to read them... HUGS...SK :)